Monday, December 29, 2008

Back from traveling

Well a wonderful week of seeing family has almost come to an end. Last Monday, we left Andover and drove to Mark's parents in Buffalo Grove, IL to see them. We got there at 11pm, thinking that it would be better to have Ella sleep in the car. After playing around and seeing Grandma and Grandpa K., Ella decided that it was time to party. Ella didn't go to bed until 1am. Yes, 1am. And then got up way too early the next morning. Anyways, Tuesday morning, we all opened presents, had lunch and got ready to leave for MI. A short, but nice visit.
The roads were fine until about 50 miles outside of GR, and then it was pretty slick. We got there and it was time to surprise my parents. So, we snuck out of the car, not shutting the doors and went up to the porch door. We saw my parents in the kitchen and were happy they were home. We knocked and my dad said, "It's Evelyn." Evelyn is the neighbor across the street. You could see the absolute confusion in his face. Like he thought it was us, but how in the world could we be standing in front of his house. So, he let us in, still so confused and mom was standing at the sink with her back to us. She turned around and I said, "Mom!" and once again, I got the most confused look I have ever seen. It was fantastic. I still think they are confused.
The next day was Christmas Eve. We went to my Aunt Sue and Uncle Dan's house for a party. It was so nice to see everyone.

The next morning, we went to have brunch at Grandma and Grandpa's house. It was great. Steve, Lindsay, and Isabel were there, too. Ella is a big fan of monkey bread. :)
The rest of the day was lounging around, eating and opening present. I got to see my friend Dana that night. She just had a beautiful baby, Clare. So, I went to see her and the fam. It was way too short of a visit.
The next day was a day of visiting friends. I saw Amy and Milena in the morning, followed by Katie and Tristan and then the Geisslers in the afternoon. I wish that I could have had a day with everyone. Or like another week of free time. That night, Mark and I went out with Danny, Tricia and Tim. What a fun time. Mom and Dad babysat, thank you so much. You know how much we appreciate that.

The next morning we had to leave MI. Boo. We then drove from MI to WI to see Mark's brother Dave and his fam. We love seeing them. The kids love Ella and she loves to play with them. We stayed there from Saturday to Sunday morning and headed home. They are coming to visit us this Wednesday, so it should be great.
Yikes. It took me a day to get this house to at least a some what clean state.
Thanks everyone for taking us in. We had a great Christmas and it was so wonderful to see everyone. I'm going to add some pics, but our camera broke, so I only have them from the Roach visit. Sorry Krause fam. We will update with some New Year's pics.

No comments: