Tuesday, July 17, 2012

What comforts you?

 
I took this pic last week when E was sick. This picture got me thinking.
What I wouldn't do to make her comfortable when she doesn't feel well!
She LOVES to hear what Grandma used to do for me when I didn't feel good.
 

 

A. A sheet on the couch. I think that mom did it to keep the couch clean, but I loved how it made me feel cool (as in not sweaty).

B. That was my strawberry shortcake blanket that my grandma made me. And now it's E's.

That's when Strawberry Shortcake looked like this:

 

C. The dollhouse behind the couch is one my dad and brother made me when I was little. It is THE most played with toy in the house by E and her friends. Boys and girls.

 

So tell me something that is a tradition that comforts you when you don't feel well

Or

How do you come up with new things that will be "traditions"?

 

1 comment:

Leah said...

I LOVE that she has your Strawberry Shortcake blanket. My best comforts when feeling sick were always Ginger Ale, an old-school hot water bottle and my mom would get me a Tiger Beat to read. I faked illness for Rick Springfield a lot. :)

Adsense